A puddy with a purpose.
It was Smoggy’s destiny from day one, to be the face of Faster Pussycat Productions. Born on the 1st of April 1989, he had an extremely comfortable life since being chosen from two other kittens at the RSPCA, Victoria, Australia in August 1989. Sadly, there are not many pictures of him as a kitten because he was adopted. Growing up in Middle Park, Smoggy spent most days plotting the demise of the sparrows he would watch through the front windows, he spent most of his formative years by the bayside in a very lazy manner.
The fickle finger of fate.
In 2000 he moved to South Melbourne, lapping up all the exciting sights and sounds living so close to the South Melbourne Market brought. Unfortunately on a very ordinary Friday in March 2001, I found that his left eye was filled with blood and he was rushed to the vet. He was diagnosed with glaucoma (pressure behind the eye). It all happened so fast but thanks to his vets, Roslyn Nichol & Associates (Elwood) and the Animal Eye Care Clinic (Malvern), he had his eye removed and he came out fighting fit and better than ever. With help from his medication for high blood pressure, Smoggy adjusted well to his new monocled view to life… after a few bumps in the night.
A long-deserved retirement.
Since moving to the retirement home in Elsternwick, 2003, Smoggy lost some sight in his good eye but that didn’t stopped him… what a little trooper! Life was good to Smoggy with three years of enjoying sun bathing on the balcony and fireside sleeps on his favourite cushion. On October 1st, 2006, he had a health hiccup with a seizure, and then was diagnosed with a heart murmur and hyperthyroidism. He was doing really well on his medication but then one day, a month later… his heart just stopped and he was gone. He lived a full and wonderful life of seventeen and half years and he will be in our hearts forever for being a purrrfect little guy! Rest in peace Sweetie… and thank you! xox
smoggy’s assault on the web.
Web domination by design.
We’re convinced that the web was invented for the spread of pictures of pussycats. Smoggy concurred and put this into action! See his many moods at the following sites:
- Smoggy’s Flickr Photo Album – when too many images are never enough, here’s more of our little star!
- Smoggy’s World Famous Calendar – Smoggy has made friends all around the world… see photos of Smoggy with his friends and out on day trips.
- Smoggy’s Legacy | – after Smoggy died, no one kittie could ever replace him so why even try? Fostering was the way to go so I applied and was accepted as a foster carer at Lort Smith Animal Hospital, Victoria, Australia.
- Smoggy’s Kitten Club | photos – documenting helping Lort Smith’s kittens to get a good start in life.
- Smoggy’s Kitten Club | videos – when a photo just doesn’t do the moment justice… see the video.